Thursday, October 6, 2016

Getting Started

Welcome to my site for Game Design Project Packs! I have so much more I want to add, but I am making this live now to get some feedback over the next few weeks.

Most simply, these Project Packs are sets of resources that will help students make simple games based on your lessons. Through discussion and reflection, they will dig deep into the content to blend the games they make with what they're learning in your class.

Forget losing days as they learn to program games. These are all tabletop games. 

And don't expect to get some long, dull Monopoly clones or trivia games no one wants to play. These games are based on modern design principles. They are novel, simple and they can be played in less than 30 minutes.

For teachers, it's probably best to start on the What's a Game Design Project Pack? page. There you can get an overview of how these work in class. Students who want to dig deeper on their own should look at my For Students page.

After you read the general outline on that page, be sure to see the details of the four main stages:
After that you can check out the two base games I have completed so far.

I plan to add more games and other ersources very soon!

Thanks for stopping by. Please send me feedback or questions if you have any!